When you work with tantra in your intimate relationship, it can be really good also to include one or more meditations, which can circulate some of all the released energy.
The exercise below is a basic tantric meditation, which focus on circulating energy between the center for sexuality (Hara) and the center for love and accept (Heart). This meditation is very good to create a connection between awarness and accept in sexuality. The exercise is suitable alone and together with your partner.
Overview of the two energy-centers (Chakras)
Hara – center for sexuality and creativity:
- Hara Chakra is the second out of seven Chakras. This chakra is located between the navel and the pubis bone.
- Hara Chakra represents de original and unfiltered emotions, including creativity, sexuality, spontaneity, cheerfulness and anger.
- Hara Chakra in balance: To go with the flow of life and emotions. To be open to other people.
- Hara Chakra in imbalance: Problematic sexuality, resistance to change, sudden anger.
- Colour: Orange.
Heart – Center for love and accept:
- Heart Chakra is the fourth out of seven Chakras. This Chakra is located in the physical part of the heart area.
- Heart Chakra in imbalance: Depression, self-pitying, manipulative, depending on others love and care.
- Heart Chakra in balance: Inner and outer joy. Exploration of faith and trust to the world and to people. Compassionate and helpful.
- The heart Chakra represents love, sorros, joy including trust, accept, forgiveness, and equality.
- Colour: Green.
(Above is only a sketch to show some of the qualities in both balance and imbaæance. There exist many very good books, which describes more in details about each Chakra.)
A basic tantric meditation
Energy circulation between heart Chakra and Hara Chakra
- Set yourself up well on the floor or at a chair with the feet at the floor.
- Breath deeply and try to let go of some of the tensions from the business of the day.
- When you feel ready, put your left hand at your hara Chakra between the navel and the pubic bone.
- Breath in through the nose and down to your hara Chakra. Breath out with the colour orange in this area.
- Try to imagine the colour in this area. Play with the sensations in the body around the colour and this area.
- Then put your right hand on your Heart Chakra, which is located in the middle of your physical heart area.
- Breath in through the nose and down to your heart Chakra. Breath out with the colour green in the area.
- Try to imagine the colour in this area. Play with the sensations in the body around the colour and this area
When you sense a good contact with the two Chakras, you can begin the circulation:
- Set your tongue behind your front teeth.
- Breath in from your hara Chakra and all the way up through the spine, over your head, your face and to the point, where the tongue is resting.
- Breath oout from this point and down through the throat, the green heart Chakra, the stomach and end the out-breath in you haha Chakra.
- Continue this circulation 10-15 min.
- It can be really powerful to play with different visual realizations. E.g to bring qualities from the hara Chakra through the spine and into the heart. From the heart to bring qualies as accept and love into the hara Chakra.
- The exercise is best when you give yourself good time and space for exploration. When you feel it is enough, try to sit and observe the body and possible sensations around in the body.
All the best.